IC 4001 "City of New Orleans" has just arrived Central Station. There were only two E-6 locomotives in service during the final years, 4001 and 4003, both built for the streamliner "Panama Limited" in 1942. Taken in June,
*IC 4041 is just leaving Central Station with No 4 "Mid-American" in May, 1968. Note the Flexi-Van of containerized mail.
IC 4020 is seen on the southbound "City of New Orleans" at Memphis Central Station in May, 1968.
IC 8959 and 9206 are seen on the turntable at Johnston Yard Roundhouse in Memphis. October,1968.
IC 8963 and 403 are seen on a freight transfer job, headed for North Yard, and passing train No 1, "City of New Orleans, at Central Station in July, 1968.
IC Office Car 9 gets a hand cleaning at Central Station in July, 1969.
IC 4033, northbound Train 2 "City of New Orleans" is just south of Central Station at "IC Crossing". All trains stopped, then proceeded across the diamond with the Rock Island, Frisco and Missouri Pacific ailroads. On the left is a semaphore signal bridge used by these roads which entered Memphis on an east-west alignment. June, 1968
IC No 1, "City of New Orleans" is southbound on Track 10 at Central Station with flat ended "Club-Lounge Observation" car, either 3377 or 3378, on rear. Both of these Observation cars would eventually be acquired by Iowa Pacific and survive in present day.
8 - 8
Copyright © 2018 by Illinois Central Railroad Heritage Society